Wednesday, January 20, 2010

FUNSPOT RULES

Photobucket

So there is this magical castle in NH (where I'm from) called "FUNSPOT", wherein lies the mighty dragon "TOPSNUF". He hoards all these awesome old video games and candy and stuff in there to try and lure in little kids and eat them. Me and my friends used to go there all the time and be rowdy and obnoxious to everyone. It was great. It's located smack dab in the middle of pretty much the best place ever, Weirs Beach. It may be run down and crappy looking to some, but it houses not only the largest video arcade IN THE WORLD, FUNSPOT, but also a totally radical old drive-in theater. What more could you ask for in a town? Does your town have either of those things? Probably not. You lose.

Photobucket

One time I drove up there in my '88 VW GTI and blew the motor while driving down the main strip. It was a serious bummer man, I was with my then lady woman and everything, but when life hands you lemons... So we actually had it running just barely enough that I limped it across the street to the drive-in and we watched a movie while waiting for the tow-truck. I forget what the movie was though, but whatever, point is I could have been stuck in Tewksbury waiting around in the White Hen Pantry parking lot but instead I was eating popcorn and watching beautifully illuminated moving images in the great outdoors. We probably even went to FUNSPOT afterwards.

FUNSPOT is so goddamn rad that weird Japanese people go there to make videos for their weird Japanese friends back home in Japan. I mean c'mon, take a look here why don't you...







Once I finish my van I am going to take a trip up there with a bunch of people and eat shitloads of fried dough and play Galaga for like 4 hours straight then get totally shitfaced at the tavern (yeah they have a tavern even) and play mini-golf all night. Jealous?

Check out the website for way more info and how to get there if you feel like doing a road trip or some shit.

FUNSPOT

THE WEIR'S DRIVE-IN

No comments: